Monday, October 31, 2022

Blogtober - Day Thirty One

Well, here we are the last day of Blogtober.  Thirty one days of posts some happy, some not so, some easy to write, others not so.  Some days knowing exactly what I wanted to write about, others struggling for inspiration and words.

I want to say a big Thank You to everyone who has been reading and leaving comments.  I've enjoyed  reading your comments immensely and have enjoyed replying to them.  I hope to catch up with your blogs over the next day or two if I haven't already done so.

It's All Hallows' Eve.  I don't know if we will have any 'trick or treat' children around.  I have a little packet of sweets just in case.  I think the idea in the area, according to the local on-line forum, is that if you wish to have knocks at the door you put some sort of decoration outside or in your window.  Quite a few houses around have decorations in the window or carved pumpkins outside the door already.

Paul has carved our pumpkin, it's only a small one and there is enough flesh left to make soup.

I went into the garden to collect some leaves for the pumkin to sit on.

Whilst I was out there I collect a few of the last blooms of October for the kitchen table.

Cosmos, Echinacia, hardy Geranium and Verbena.

Look what has opened up overnight.

The first Paperwhite flowers to take us into November.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on writing a post every day! It can be difficult to think of something to write about every day. Love your little pumpkin. I doubt we will have more than 3 trick-or-treat visitors tonight. Our house is isolated, with a long driveway that many people think is scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Granny Sue. It was a small pumpkin so not much flesh left. It rained really hard last night so no little visitors. Your long driveway would seem scary to any one not knowing what to expect:)

      Delete
  2. I bet that paper white has a lovely scent. Well done on all the posts. It’s lovely seeing October from a different corner. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a lovely, delicate scent. Well done to you too for all your blogtober posts:)

      Delete
  3. Well done! Pumpkin looks cute & I love pumpkin soup. When I first met DH (40+ years ago), he'd basically not tried pumpkin as it wasn't eaten in UK, but here in Oz, we'd grown up with them & always had them in our veg patch. My Paperwhites are always the first to flower too & smell so lovely as do my Earlicheer. No little visitors here yesterday as our small court has only 2 families now with children unlike a few years ago. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't much flesh left so the soup will have to be pimpkin and something else perhaps sweet potato. I have no memories of punpkins as a child other than Cinderella's coach we always carved a swede. No visitors last night as the heavens opened just at the time they would have come:)

      Delete
  4. Well done on keeping up with Blogtober Rosie! I can imagine how hard it was to post something every day. We didn't have any trick or treaters in the area last night. We had torrential rain and it was blowing a gale - probably put them off venturing outside. The paperwhites seem early? It must have been a nice surprise to spot them. Wishing you a very happy November! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone. Same here wind and buckets of rain. We planted the bulbs early October and it said on the pack flowers through November and December so not too early, perhaps we should have kept them in the dark for a while like hyacinths to get them for Christmas. Hope you too have a happy November:)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the wonderful effort of a daily post. It was lovely to know I could be nosey and see what you'd been up to each day. My garden's covered in leaves (cherry tree) but they'll have to stay there until the rain and gales have long gone - besides my little wheelbarrow is enjoying being blown up and down the garden path so I won't spoil its fun just yet. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine for reading each day and leaving a comment. I was nice to hear from you. I hope you are able to start your leaf clearing soon and rescue your little wheelbarrow from its travels:)

      Delete
  6. I have really enjoyed reading your daily blogs and I know it can't have been easy at times to think of ideas but your blogs have been brilliant and all so interesting. I loved today's I really did. We had Wizard Hat Pasties for tea and my son carved a pumpkin and we went on a ghost walk in the evening in Lichfield in the pouring rain!

    I love you carved pumpkin and lovely to have some flowers in the garden still to pick. We mainly have Michaelmas Daisies and ice plants at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lichfield in the pouring rain sound wonderful as do your Wizard Hat Pasties. The pumpkin was a small one so not much flesh left, it will make soup. Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed all the blogs:)

      Delete
  7. Generally the understanding here is that if your front porch lights aren't on, you're not taking part in it.

    ReplyDelete