I wasn't sure if I'd be able to join in with this week's Five on Friday as we have been away for a few days and there has been lots of catching up to do since we got home yesterday. As you can imagine I had lots of photos to download but I've found a few and will write a longer post about some of the visits in later posts.
Below are five random photos taken at places we have visited over the last few days.
1. Selly Manor Museum in Bournville - we spent a happy afternoon wandering around both village and museum. More in a later post.
2. Henry the Cat who seemed to follow us around as we visited both the ruins of Bordesley Abbey and the Forge Mill Needle Museum in Redditch. There are little black and white cat toys called Henry in the shop as he is such a popular part of the visit.
3. Geological Bear - one of the 100 plus bears that can be found around the Birmingham area as part of the Big Sleuth Trail and painted by school children who are members of the Little Bears Detective Club whilst fund raising for the Birmingham Children's Hospital. This bear was in the foyer of the Lapworth Museum on the Birmingham University Campus.
4. Pitcher Plants in the Gilbert Orchid House at Winterbourne House and Gardens at the opposite side of the Birmingham University campus to the Lapworth Museum. With the wonderful Barber Institute in between.
5. Tired legs and feet after walking from the station to the Lapworth Museum, across the campus to the Barber Institute and then a little further to Winterbourne House and gardens and of course, walking around each place as well. More about all the places we visited in further posts.
Joining in with Tricky and Carly from the FAST blog for this week's Five on Friday. Click on the link below to see others taking part.