Five things that have made me smile this week
1. Inside - lovely pinkish mauve tulips on the kitchen table have brought much joy this week whilst we looked after a sick cat - he is thankfully a lot better now although at nearly twenty three quite frail.
2. Inside - Stuffed peppers for supper one evening this week. Just couscous, chopped mushrooms, peas and melted cheese, they were delicious with salad leaves.
3. Outside - two lovely primroses just £1 each from a local supermarket. They have been planted into pots. I love their cheerfulness. Colour much needed this week in all the wind and rain.
4. Outside - at the top of the garden the wild garlic makes its appearance. I was glad to see it as two leylandii trees nearby had been removed last October and the ground had been badly trampled by the tree surgeons. I think I can safely say that at least some of the plants have recovered and will spread again under the remaining trees.
5. Outside - 'two rockys and a woody'. We found an old bag of split peas in the back of the cupboard and decided to try them outside as bird food. The pigeons love them and both rock doves and wood pigeons are prepared to share. The collard doves still prefer the suet sprinkles and like the robins, aren't afraid of coming close to the conservatory window to ask if we are late putting them out in the morning.