Monday, May 01, 2023

Castles and Dragons

We've been into Wales, just for a short break.  It only rained once and that was during the night.  We could feel the air gradually warming up as the wind dropped and each day got a little brighter.

A few photos below of some of the sights we've seen.  I'll be back with more about some of the places later.

Ruithin -  Post box topper
Denbigh Castle

Rhuddlan Castle

Twithill ancient castle mound or motte just behind the 'newer' castle in Rhuddlan.
 
Sculpture in Rhuddlan by Mike Owens
 
Rhuddlan Nature Reserve.  Sculptures by Mike Owens
 
RSPB Conwy - refreshing tea after a walk around some of the site.
 
Rhyl -taken from near the Lifeboat Station.
 
St Asaph Cathedral
 
When I got back to writing here I found loads of comments from way back had been put in spam. I've gradually reinstated them.  Some of them were my own replies to comments.  I see from reading other blogs that some of you are having the same problem. All very strange.
I'll be back with more on Rhuddlan Castle later this week.


20 comments:

  1. It looks like you've had a fantastic time, I can't wait to hear more about the trip. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a short break but we seemed to pack a lot into it:)

      Delete
  2. Glad the Welsh weather was kind. Looks like there was lots to see. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did expect more rain but we seemed to miss it, thank goodness:)

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear you had a wonderful time and the weather was good. Look forward to hearing more about the trip. Love that post box topper!!!!! Castles look great too.
    Thanks for tip re: spam - I'll have to check mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Red Dragon, I kept looking for more but only spotted that one. Loved the castles and the interesting towns. Yes, do check your spam folder as many comments seem to be drifting there, both old and new ones:)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are, we did lots of different things whilst away:)

      Delete
  5. Not my part of Wales but still beautiful. Sounds as though you had some nice weather too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to travel further to Tremadog or Anglesey but this is our first journey back to Wales for a few years and also since I was ill. It must be wonderful to live there:)

      Delete
  6. Sounds & looks like a lovely time was had away on your short break. Look forward to seeing more. The castle always look wonderful & as we don't have "castles", enjoy seeing them in posts. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely break, I'm putting together a post on Rhuddlan Castle at the moment:)

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you had a good trip. It's a while since we've travelled around that area. Your photos have reminded me of happy memories there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, it was a lovely break. Glad to have brought back some happy memories for you:)

      Delete
  8. I am looking forward to more photos. We were in Wales once, only briefly. I would love to go back one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wales is a beautiful country - Rhuddlan Castle next:)

      Delete
  9. Wonderful photo's. Looks like you had a great time. I've been trying to remember to check the comments due to the spam thing. It's off and on, and I've no idea how or why. In August I'm traveling to England and Wales with a girl friend, am so looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. The comment situation is a complete mystery and seems totally random. I hope you have a wonderful trip over here with your friend. Something to look forward too:)

      Delete
  10. Great post box topper. Perfect to see on a visit to beautiful Wales.
    Sounds like you made the most of your trip and had some good weather as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverley, yes I loved the topper outside the post office in Ruithin. We were lucky with the weather:)

      Delete