Five things for this Friday from in and around the garden.
1. It's time for Clematis, Sweet Peas and Roses.
2. Strawberries are ripening fast.
3. A posy for the kichen table from the garden made up with Pinks, Chive Flowers, London Pride and Alchemila Mollis
4. The frogs have returned to the pond.
Three have been spotted and at least ten newts too.
5. A couple of months ago I told you the story of the Vixen rescuing her four cubs from a couple of gardens away where an old shed had collapsed. She carried them one by one through our garden to the safety of the school's little nature reserve which is just over our hedge. We had seen three different cubs and wondered if the fourth had survived. A couple of nights ago we popped the wildlife camera out overnight and the film above is what we captured. Four happy, healthy cubs. Well done Vix.