Friday, July 26, 2019

Scavenger Photo Hunt - July

Joining in with the month's Scavenger Photo Hunt organised by Kate at her 'I live, I Love, I Craft, I am Me' blog. 

July's words are - cluttered, paddle, pink, starts with an E, roof, my own choice. 

 All my choices this month were taken during  recent visit to the Beamish Open Air Museum, near Chester-le-Street, County Durham.

Cluttered - the kitchen windowsill at the Home Farm which had been set out as it would have been in the early 1940s with Land Girls living and working there.

Paddle - the webbed feet enabled the geese to paddle around the farm pond.


 Pink - a pink quilt on the line at the back of cottages in The Colliery Village, this area was set in the early 1900s.

 Starts with an E - the Puffing Billy engine close to the 18th century village, we were taken a short ride to the top of the hill, past the gibbet.

 Roof - I loved this roof on the Quilter's Cottage in the 18th Century village.


My Own choice - a collage of the various trams and buses you could hop on and off at all areas around the huge site.

Click on the link below to find other bloggers who are joining in the month.


http://livelovecraftme.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting day out. My favourite photo has to be those geese , professional paddlers I bet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you shazza, I love geese and those ones were very attractive and noisy too at times:)

      Delete
  2. Lovely selection Rosie & I remember going to Beamish in 2014 with K's family for a day out & recognised so many of those things. I was even allowed to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star quickly on the old piano for my great nephew(only a wee one then) as he was rather taken by the instrument. Went for a ride on the same train & one of the buses too. Thanks for sharing this & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, Beamish is a wonderful place to visit isn't it? There was so much more to see since our last visit which was about thirty years ago and more is to be added with a 1950s housing estate:)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever been to Beamish. I've been to Iron Bridge. Not sure Beloved would want to go to Beamish but I can ask. My favourite photo has to be the Puffing Billy engine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blist's Hill at Ironbridge is closer to us but we were up near Durham on holiday and wanted to see all the changes at Beamish since our last visit, many years ago now. It is a fascinating place and much bigger than Blist's Hill, you can spend all day there:)

      Delete
  4. The kitchen does look like its the hive of the home.
    The quilters cottage is so quaint.
    Love the collage of transport, Dh would like to visit this museum and me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I loved the quilter's cottage, they were maaking quilts inside like the one on the line, it was fascinating to watch. It's a huge area of different ages, I'm sure you would love visiting:)

      Delete