Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Kindness of Bloggers

A few weeks ago I left a comment on Elizabeth's blog 'Blissful Quilts' about how her newly made tea cosy and her lovely Portmeirion tea pot reminded me of home.  The reason was that it all looked so familiar as we have the same colour spotty tablecloth and most of our plates and dishes are Portmeirion seconds from the nearby factory shop.


Elizabeth kindly responded with an e-mail asking if I would like to have a tea cosy to match my tablecloth as she had some extra fabric.  Well, of course, the answer was yes I would.   The beautifully made tea cosy arrived in the post not long after and I'm thrilled with it and it has been much admired.  The blogging world can be such a kind and caring place.  Thank you Elizabeth!

25 comments:

  1. How lovely! It looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. People can be very kind - and bloggers seem to be kinder than most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do don't they? It is very heart warming:)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tea cosy - and such a kind thought. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely tea cosy - Elizabeth has some others on her blog too:)

      Delete
  4. That is lovely to hear, Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't bloggers kind people - hope you enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed they are and I do enjoy using it when we have visitors:)

      Delete
  6. Thank you Rosie! - you've made my day again. I've just got in from a lovely walk and there is your sweet post mentioning my tea cosy. Best wishes, Elizabeth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloggers are so kind!! What a lovely gift, it looks right at home on your table!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it? It matches so well:)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely thought and act, it's lovely - so is your teapot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the teapot was a gift, bought for us by a friend who came to stay for a few days:)

      Delete
  9. Each time you look at the tea cosy it will make you think of such a random act of kindness. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks super smart. I wish I was close enough to pop round for a cuppa xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were too! We could have a chat about all our favourite places:)

      Delete
  11. That was very thoughtful of Elizabeth at Blissful Quilts to make and send you a tea cosy to match your tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed, Linda - I will always treasure it:)

      Delete
  12. Hi Rosie,

    What a sweet and thoughtful gift and so practical too.

    Thank you for your last comment on my blog. It has been a very difficult and stressful period during the last few months. I've not blogged much, but I've missed visiting you and hope to do better in the coming months.

    Take Care,

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, Lovely to hear from you - I hope things are less stressful now:)

      Delete