Monday, October 25, 2021

A Monday Miscellany

 This and that from the last few days mostly in photos as I don't have words, they seem to have left me for the moment. 

 Below - a few photos from a visit to the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust's headquarters at Wolseley Bridge.







At the Garden Centre next door there were pumpkins galore.

A couple of days later we popped up to the Emma Bridgewater factory for morning coffee.  There were lots of pumpkins there too in the courtyard and garden.







Meanwhile back home in the garden.  Winter violas and berries are adding colour here and there.


Also spotted in the garden
 
Mushrooms

Some knocked over by foxes or badgers as they were growing in what we call the fox run at the back of the raised beds.
 
The huge bite out of the red cabbage is definitely down to a badger.  We've now harvested all the cabbages and distributed them to neighbours.  We will pickle some later too.
 

All for now.  Take care everyone.



 

15 comments:

  1. A lovely set of photos Rosie. Great to see all the pumpkins - I noticed Emma Bridgewater does a rather lovely pumpkin mug - thinking of buying it for my son for Christmas as he loves all things pumpkin related! :) There again may wait in hope it might be in sale after Halloween!!!! Lovely as her mugs are they are a tad expensive!

    The violas and berries in your garden look beautiful.

    Take care too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RR. I saw the pumpkin mugs and plates but in the shop Christmas had rather taken over even though the courtyard and garden were seasonal with the pumpkins. Yes, they are expensive even in the seconds shop! I have some EB plates which we use everyday and some older style mugs with cats on which sit on a display shelf and don't get used. I just love to go up there and look at what is available even though I rarely buy, it's always a cheerful place to visit:)

      Delete
  2. It's all so colourful. I do like Emma Bridgewater's pottery, our local garden centre has started stocking some and I can't resist looking when I visit. What a naughty badger! Hope all is well. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CK, yes the badger was naughty. We harvested about eight red cabbages and they have gone to friends and neighbours as well as red cabbage and apple and pickling some here too. I love all the patterns and colours in the Bridgewater shop, they alwasy make me smile:)

      Delete
  3. Pumpkins galore here too although when I try to buy one at the end of the week I’m sure they will have sold out. Love the violas, must find some for my winter pots. Hope you have a good week. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you B, yes it's all about pumpkins now, we have one ready to carve at the weekend. I hope you find one. The violas are lovely at this time of year. Have a good week:)

      Delete
  4. What a colouful post, very autumnal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post that's full of interest. It's good that you have the Wildlife Trust HQ and the Emma Bridgewater factory as somewhere different to go to. Your garden continues to look colourful with those pansies in a hanging basket and bright berries on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, we have one or two lovely Staffs Wildlife reserves nearby and the headquarters not too far away. The garden is getting covered with leaves and is looking very Autumnal now:)

      Delete
  6. Lovely seasonal photos Rosie. I like your winter violas at home - so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone, I smile every time I see the violas and their little faces:)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you William, it is certainly pumpkin time:)

      Delete