Friday, May 07, 2021

Some sort of Normality?

This week it has felt a little like getting back to doing 'normal' things. We have plans in place to visit friends the week after next, been to Trentham Gardens to renew our yearly pass which we'd allowed to expire over the last few months.  We still have to book a time slot to visit as yet but things may change very soon.  I ordered a book from the library which I will be able to go in to collect when it is available and also look along the shelves for anything else that may tempt me.  It's been over a year since I actually held and read a proper book, everything has been on my kindle or ipad which is good for my eyesight as I can enlarge the font if I'm struggling.  We have also been out to vote, all very well organised, I remembered to take my own pencil!  We also went a little further afield to walk at one of our favourite places and I'll write a post about that in a couple of days.

Meanwhile things are growing in the garden.

Wallflowers - growing against the front wall.

Wild Garlic at the top of the garden


Geum - Lemondrops
 
Geum - Rivale

Bluebells

Ferns

Camassia

Aquilegia

Strawberries
 
Daisies plus Orange tip

Vixen visiting in daylight hours.

 The sun was out for our walk this morning but tomorrow heavy rain has been forecast so it looks like a 'staying in' day.  Take care.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely florals and quite a fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you William, the fox waas hungry that day so she came to the garden in daylight

      Delete
  2. Spring has sprung in your garden & should look beautiful come summer. Although basically back to normal here, I'm still uber cautious about all sorts & not sure I'll ever go into those big shopping complexes or anywhere there are hordes of people for a long time yet. Your fox is beautiful. Weather very up and down here, with some rain forecast for today and tomorrow is supposed to be fine. As it is Mother's Day, DD rang to ask us over for a BBQ & we said yes. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I can't cope with large places filled with 'pushy' people either even more so since the pandemic. Hope you had a lovely BBQ for Mother's day. Take care:)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it all so encouraging to be able to do and enjoy all our favourite things again, maybe with just a small change from before. Enjoy your library trip and Trentham of course. The flowers in your garden are looking good, those wallflowers are so pretty. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, yes it is good to go back to familiar things, we have a booking for Trentham next Wednesday morning and I'm looking forward to that. The Wallflowers are pretty at the moment:)

      Delete
  4. Lovely flowers in your garden Rosie - I love wallflowers (the scent especially) but we have lost all our old ones just have a perennial one now. Glad to see you feel able to gradually return to normal. Life atm hopefully does feel more promising. I would imagine you have really missed Trentham gardens. Take care and have a good weekend. ps Just reading a new "Fens" book. "Secret of the Fens" which is brilliant just in case you didn't realise there was a new one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RR. I thought we'd lost our Wallflowers too but they seem to have abandoned the patch of garden they were in and taken up residence against the wall. I shall have mask and hand sanitiser for the library visit and for Trentham too although there is lots of space there to keep distance once in the gardens. Secret of the Fens I'm sure I've read - the one where the young people are set in scenarios from Shakespeare plays and the older ladies go up to the Lake District to find out about a Victorian painter? I think I got it from Kindle for 99p:) You too take care:)

      Delete
  5. Glad things are slowly returning to normal for you Rosie. I did go out and vote on Thursday and it was surprisingly busy! Your plants look so lovely and I really want to grow wild garlic like in your photos - such pretty white flowers! I've not spent much time in the garden these last few months as it has been either too cold or windy and now it is too cold and wet! The weather as the World seems to be topsy turvy. Have a nice (even if wet) weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone, our polling station was quiet but then we only had the Police Commissioner for Staffordshire to vote for this time. The Wild Garlic is special and very pretty, we always say we will make pesto with the leaves but somehow never do. Yes, it has been either too cold or too wet to spend time in the garden, although today the sun is out and it feels warmer so we have done a bit of weeding out of the gravel paths:)

      Delete
  6. It's nice to have that little bit of normality isn't it. The garden is looking great, I love the smell of wild garlic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. Yes, it is lovely to be able to move around a bit more freely, small steps and a few more freedoms next week. The garden is full of dandelions at the moment too with lawns not being cut:)

      Delete