Monday, December 30, 2013

52 Weeks of Happy - Weeks 51 and 52

My last two weeks of '52 Weeks of Happy' are together in one post as I ran out of time to do week 51 separately.  Here are some of the festive images that have  made me smile over the last couple of weeks

Week 51

1.  Window Shopping - at Bridgemere Garden World, their festive displays were lovely, and having done all our shopping it was nice just to wander and look.

 

2. Little Moreton Hall - we had a great time as always listening to Piva and wandering around the decorated hall (see my post of 22nd December for more photos)

3 and 4  Just the little things - a reindeer at our local garden centre which we visited with my brother-in-law and nephew when they came to visit the Saturday before Christmas, the thrush visiting our garden every morning again, Christmas cake iced and ready, the colour of clementines - so festive, opening the doors on the advent calendar and Christmas morning breakfast for us and the cats.  Which brings me to.......

Week 52

 

1. Christmas Day at Home - safe, warm, good food, lovely cards and presents.  I treasure being at home on Christmas Day.


2.  Boxing Day Walk - at a very misty Ilam (see my last post for more photos) as much as I love spending Christmas day at home it is good to get out and walk the day after.



3. Joy - two magpies = 'two for joy' according to the old saying and we had a joyful time visiting friends in South Lincolnshire on Friday and Saturday.  The only thing that caused any problems was the road closure at Kegworth due to a water main bursting so we had to hit the M1 and take the Loughborough ring road to get back on the route we always take via Melton Mowbray.  It was lovely to meet up with old friends and talk and catch up over a very leisurely lunch and afternoon.


4.  Friendliness - on our way back from Lincolnshire we stopped to take some photos of churches in a few Nottinghamshire villages, I think I told you in a previous post that Paul is taking photos of the churches with connections to his family name for his one-name study site?  Well, one of those villages was Epperstone in Nottinghamshire.  It was our first stop of the morning and the village was very pretty but what struck me most was how busy it was people walking, cycling and chatting on corners.  We were greeted by the postman with a jolly 'good morning' and every one we passed smiled and greeted us in the same way.  What a friendly village it seemed to be!  

Well, that's it for '52 weeks of Happy' - I think I missed a couple of weeks when we were on holiday in the summer but I've done most of them and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.  I hope you've enjoyed some of my 'happies' too.

Welcome to my new followers and thank you to all of you, friends old and new, for being with me throughout the last year.  Wishing you all a happy, peaceful and joyous New Year.

For the last time linking up with  Little Birdie  where  '52 weeks of Happy' started. Each week you find just four things that have made you happy to share.

'A multitude of small delights constitute happiness'
Charles Baudelaire 

24 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing your 'happies' throughout 2013 Rosie and hope that you have many happy moments throughout 2014. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone, I hope you have many happy moments in 2014 too:)

      Delete
  2. My goodness, Epperstone, that takes me back. If it is where I think it is there is a little stone bridge over a river on the way into the village where I played Poohsticks as a small child.
    I've enjoyed all your happies very much too, have a very Happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Memories - I didn't see a bridge but we went straight to the centre where the church was. Hope you have a happy 2014:)

      Delete
  3. I've enjoyed your happies too, its a great idea as it is the little things that keep us going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss doing the 'happies' I may do something similar once a month perhaps. Happy New year, Amanda:)

      Delete
  4. Lovely happies! I have decided to start this from the end of this week, so thank you for being one of my inspirations in this project! Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy - good luck with the 'happies' it is a great thing to do and happy new year to you:)

      Delete
  5. Really enjoyed all your happies this year Rosie and you have some lovely memories to look back on. Happy New Year
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia! Happy New year to you too:)

      Delete
  6. what lovely happies- It certainly seems like you've had a lot to smile about. Happy New Year.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe that is the last one! Happy New Year to you Amanda:)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post - beautiful, cheerful pictures! I do admire you for keeping this up all year! Best wishes for 2014 Abby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it was difficult keeping up but I'm glad I did - Happy New Year, Abby:)

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed this 'double dose' of happiness! Your collages are lovely and it sounds like you've had lots of happy times in the last couple of weeks.
    Best wishes to you and Paul for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Louise - glad you enjoyed the 'double dose' of happies - glad we got through the 52 weeks:)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for this lovely series of posts, I've looked forward to them all year. Are you going to continue into 2014? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've enjoyed them Lyn, maybe I'll do the occasional 'happy' post but not every week. Happy New Year to you:)

      Delete
  10. I have really enjoyed your 52 weeks of happy - well done for completing your mission. All the very best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've enjoyed the 'happies' Elaine, happy new year to you:)

      Delete
  11. Hi Rosie,

    Happy New Year! You've done some great posts for this challenge and it has been fun following along. Christmas at home is probably my favourite ~ your home looks so cosy and inviting.

    Best Wishes for 2014,

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie glad you've enjoyed following along! Best wishes for 2014 to you too:)

      Delete
  12. I've admired your perseverance and happiness posts, wishing you joy in 2014 Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you've enjoyed the happiness posts. Happy New year to you too:)

      Delete