Saturday, March 03, 2007

Looks Like Spring

Today was a stay at home and gardening type of day. With a still quite poorly Tom confined to barracks - well the back bedroom - after a quick trip to the supermarket to stock up, we pottered around in a very wet and muddy garden. Paul was busy putting some potatoes in pots in the greenhouse and I was filling up the garden wheelie bin ready for our first collection of the season on Monday. Whilst I was in the garden I saw one or two early signs of spring:-

The Collard Doves had settled on top of the willow tree


There was frog spawn in the pond

Chloe was full of the joys of spring


She even had a gentleman caller

His name is Ollie and he lives on the next street to us - he would dearly love to come through that cat flap.

Tomorrow we are going to have wind and rain according to the forecast so I'm glad we made the most of today.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I did some looking up and it turns out, you don't have very much winter, where you live, Rosie! Not like I do!
    Your cat looks so funny in that picture!
    Nice to see Tommy home, again!

    ReplyDelete