Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Inside and Out

It seems a long time since my last post so I thought I'd take a few photos in the garden.  Firstly though a lovely bunch of daffodils have been cheering up the living room windowsill wth their frothy exhuberance.

I've dug out my Mark Hearld fold out card with hares to go with them, hoping they would look quite seasonal.
 
The garden is still very wet so very little has been done but it has been wonderful to see so many plants and flowers coming to life again.
 
The tulips we planted in October have all flowered.  We did lose a few bulbs to the badgers so we placed an old oven shelf over them to stop them getting dug up and eaten.  It seems to have worked.

I like the two colours together.
 
The other tulips we planted are now coming along too.  They look a bit like peonies.
 
Elsewhere in the garden under the laurel bush the Wood Anemones have appeared and flowered, thank goodness.
 

 I thought they had succumbed to the wet weather.

A lone frittilary at the top of the garden.  We put several in last year but this one is the only one to appear so far. 

Buds have appeared on the Wild Garlic or Ramsons.  It won't be long before those pretty white flowers appear.
 
Tiny Violets have appeared in random pots and in the edges of paths and there are signs of Forgetmenots waiting in the wings too.
 
Take care. 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely to see a post from you Rosie. The daffodils and the fold out card look really lovely and as you say seasonal and your tulips are splendid and I am glad you were able to protect the bulbs. We have Wood Anemones here too but I lost my Snakeshead Fritillaries (the dreaded lily beetle!) and I am very jealous of your wild garlic. We have violets too - they seem to pop up everywhere even in pots! Take care Rosie and have a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we were surprised to see the Snakeshead Fritillary as we thought they had all perished. Violets seem to pop up everywhere don't they? So pretty to see, like the Forgetmenots and later self heal. You too take care and have a lovely Easter weekend:)

      Delete
  2. I certainly agree about the violets :) We have Forget me Nots here too as you say they spread. We do have a bit of self heal usually if OH leaves some of the lawn unmown for No Mow May. Thanks Rosie - and enjoy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it will ever stop raining long enough for the lawns to be cut before No Mow May begins, ours are so wet at the moment it's going to take ages for them to dry out. We had a lovely walk this morning but it's raining again now. Have a super weekend:)

      Delete
  3. Your garden is looking lovely Rosie! Mine is saturated and too wet and cold to do anything. Just to let you know that I got an email from your name that said 'Sad announcement (April) Rosie Pursglove' and the email address attached to your name wasn't your email. It also said 'I wasn't going to trigger any memories... just wanted to show you these photographs' and there was a link attached. I might have clicked on the link but my computer blocked it. Anyway, just so you are aware. I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know about the e-mail and I'm so sorry you received it. It certainly wasn't from me so it looks as if I've been hacked, not sure what I can do about it but will look into it. I'm glad your machine blocked it, I haven't heard from anyone else who might have received it so far, keeping my fingers crossed that no one else has been affected by it. I may have to create a new address. Thanks again for letting me know. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend:)

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosie, if you have anti-virus software I suggest you run a scan to make sure your computer hasn't got a virus. (That's what my husband suggested) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do and it has been done, thankyou to you both. Best wishes:)

      Delete
  5. Your tulips are fantastic, what cheery colours. I think the bulbs have done really well this year benefitting fron the Autumn sun and Spring rain. Happy Easter 🐤🐤🐤🐤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought the tulips wouldn't survive as the pot they are in was waterlogged twice over the winter and then a few bulbs were dug out by the badger, but there they are and yes, so cheerful. Have a wonderful Easter weekend:)

      Delete
  6. Looking beautiful in your spring garden. Hope you had a good Easter. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you B. Yes a lovely quiet Easter with a few treats and a long walk. Hope you had a lovely weekend too:)

      Delete
  7. Tulip season is upon us and there are so many lovely colours. I have some that have been flowering for a while in the greenhouse - purple and orange ones. At least they have been protected from the rain :-)
    Thank you for sharing the plants in your garden, Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverley, tulips have been wonderful this year, your purple and orange ones sound great - a lovely colour combination:)

      Delete