Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Short Walk

After three days of wind and rain it was wonderful to wake up to a dry, crisp morning and clear skies. 

We decided that  after a few days indoors, apart from some necessary food shopping, some exercise was required so set we out for Hartington to walk along the Tissington Trail to Parsley Hay.


It is a walk we've done many times before.  If you remember some of my posts from about three years ago we walked both the Tissington Trail and the High PeakTrail in sections until both had been completed.

It was a most beautiful morning!  A morning of light and shade.

A morning of sunshine and shadows.

The sun was warm on our backs, the sky was so blue and the air crystal clear.  Chaffinch and Robins were singing in the trees and crows cawing as they flew sedately over the fields. It was a morning to savour!  According to the weather forecast for the next few days the wind and rain will be back again.

14 comments:

  1. A short but truly lovely walk!
    We've had some great sunny and warm days but now we can't see further than our nose due to a heavy mist..Rosie, in case you get much wind, please send some over!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious. I was dying to get out into the sunshine but was stuck in a classroom all day! I know the Tissington trail quite well!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely area, it's a time of year when you have to make the most of the nice days to carry you through the not so nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you managed to get out and about - I love the Tissington trail (especially the tunnel if uou remember!!!)xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice whilst it lasted wasn't it? I didn't get any photos of the beautiful blue sky today, I just soaked it all up! Hopefully as the wet and windy days decrease we will have many more special days. Thank you for sharing your lovely day out Rosie. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw the little photo next to your post on the main blogger page I knew where you had been! I love that area.

    I have been stuck indoors all day so no chance to enjoy the lovely weather. I'm hoping for a better weekend so that we can get out then... there are places I want to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks a lovely walk! Yes, we had a beautiful day here today, but I gather we're to have lots of rain later in the week :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked a perfect day for it. Is it there they do the well dressing?
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog via Vintage Tea Time and I had to say, you share all of my favourite books. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesterday, I was stuck indoors working. Today, when I was hoping to nip out for some photos of Derby... drizzle :(

    The top section of the Tissington Trail is definitely the best. The lower half is pleasant, but rather enclosed.

    My mum was actually born in what is now a barn, right next to the High Peak Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post. The glimpse of blue sky has been very welcome here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was 3 years ago when I first started reading your blog and you described your walks! (I must say, I admire your energy!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sissy, great to see you here again - I remember your visits - do you still have a blog? - I can't find a link from your profile:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the atmospheric photos, Monsal trail, Derbyshire and Staithes - brings back nostalgic thoughts of real England.

    ReplyDelete