Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Wishes and Frustrations

Easter Greetings

Firstly, I want to wish everyone reading this a happy and peaceful Easter holiday.

In my last post I promised more photos of the High Peak Trail and since then we've walked another five mile section from Parsley Hay to Friden, but unfortunately Picassa isn't allowing me to upload any photos. It seems to be a server problem as I'm nowhere near my full capacity; so, as you can imagine, I'm feeling quite frustrated by having loads of lovely photos and not being able to share them.

Today we drove up to Leek, past Rudyard Lake which was twinkling in the sunshine and out towards Macclesfield. We then cut across country to Buxton passing through brilliant sunshine, low white cloud drifting across the valleys and then clear cool skies before hitting the sunshine again as we went down the hill into the town. We stopped at Poole's Cavern and after a mug of coffee joined one of the frequent tours. I was a bit nervous when we first went into the cavern as I couldn't see very well but my eyes soon adjusted and it was wonderful looking up at the incredible rock formations and stalactites and gazing at the strange orange tipped stalagmites rising from the cavern floor. I really enjoyed myself and didn't feel at all claustrophobic, the guide was very amusing and got a round of applause at the end of the tour much to his embarrassment - we both took some great photos but again, at the moment I can't share them with you.

Good news this week too, we've managed to book two tickets for the ferry along the Manchester Ship Canal with the help of a gift voucher courtesy of some dear friends (you know who you are). We are going on August 2nd
and are now looking at booking a hotel for a couple of nights so that we can relax and enjoy the whole day. It is good to have something to look forward to.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Rosie!!
    I am still waiting for the prize winning photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and yours, from me and mine.

    I love reading about your treks - as it's been so long since I was last out for a walk - and so....

    I've finally got one planned - a hiking / camping weekend in the Lakes towards the end of the summer!

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sissy, the photo goes onto the Doorways of the World website on April 20th - I'll do a link when it's there - don't think it has won any prizes though - Happy Easter :)

    bodge - Happy Easter to you and your family - it is good to have a holiday to look forward to - inspiration for your writing as well as fresh air and exercise:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to read about the proposed trip. We're sure you will enjoy the canal. In the meantime Happy Easter. I'm just off into the garden to plant my first seeds. One day I will have a small greenhouse like you and Paul. The smell of your greenhouse is as good as the food you produce (there's a story in there somewhere if you care to find it). Love for now.

    ReplyDelete