It's Friday! Time to join in with Amy at Love Made my Home for this weeks five.
So here are five things that have made me smile this week
1. Sunshine - glistening on the stone of the garden feature at Wolesley Nature reserve, headquarters of the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust at Colwich near Rugeley. We visited on Monday to have a walk around the reserve.
I loved the sight of the trees through the iron work roof.
2. Halloween or All Hallows' Eve - as we wandered around the nature reserve and visitor centre we spotted lots of carved pumpkins the one above was our favourite.
There was also this 'chattering' bat hanging in the doorway. Brush past it and it started up with the most eerie noise, the children thought it was fun but I think the staff were finding it a little trying by the end of the day. I did my first thinking about Christmas and bought some Christmas cards. Back home we filled a bowl with little treats and had several witchy and ghostly characters bang on the door.
3. Cat visits to the garden - we are used to neighbourhood cats visiting our garden but not this one. She lives next door and is supposed to be a house cat and shouldn't have been out. I've only ever seen her indoors so it took a second or two to realise who it was. She was swiftly scooped up and returned to her unsuspecting owners.
4. The Tulip Tree - the Tulip Tree in the garden has been spectacular this year I took the photo above from our bedroom window during the golden hour before sunset early this week, the light catching the leaves made them look golden.
In the pale light of a dull day they are more coppery in colour.
5. Quarryman sculpture - on Wednesday we met some friends for lunch at the cafe at Poole's Cavern and Buxton Country Park, We went for a walk first in the country park as far as Solomon's Temple. On our way we passed the sculpture of the Quarryman.
He was made by Sheffield artist Lorraine Botterill with help from pupils at a local Buxton School. He was very realistic and I loved his stoic expression. Apparently he is so lifelike that dogs have dropped balls at his feet and waited for him to throw them.
Click on the link below to find others who are joining in this week with Five on Friday