I'm late with my Five on Friday post but it is good to be back after a few weeks away and I'm happy to be joining in with the lovely Amy at Love Made my Home for this week's Five on Friday. Do click on the link at the bottom of this post to find others who are joining in too.
Five things that have made me smile this week
1. Windfall apples from the garden of friends, after a visit we came home with a huge bag full and half have already been prepared for the freezer to make crumbles later in the year We are now looking for jam and chutney recipes to use up the other half.
2. Fungi So many little mushrooms or toadstools all in a ring growing over a wide expanse of undulating land close to the pathway. They reminded me of little round houses on top of an iron age hill fort. Or perhaps I just have an overactive imagination.
3. Curious Cattle - these friendly cattle came rushing across their field to the fence to say hello as we walked by along a section of path nearby.
4. Squirrels - the squirrels in the garden have been very active, chasing each other around and using amazing acrobatics to pinch the bird food. They are such fun to watch but they are still taking small stones from the path and burying them in the lawn. We think it might be that they are trying to distract other squirrels from the real food that they also bury.
5. Autumnal Trees - the trees on The Brampton in Newcastle-under-Lyme always look spectacular at this time of year.
Hope you enjoyed my five things, I'll be along to visit you all over the next couple of days.