Saturday, April 05, 2008

Wild Garlic

The wild garlic which grows at the top of our garden, under the hazel tree, is flourishing at the moment, spurred on, no doubt, by the spring like warmth we've had for the last few days. I've been thinking that I ought to use some of the young leaves for a salad and I found a good recipe in one of my books which uses lettuce leaves with the wild garlic leaves and also radishes and spring onions. It is then drizzled with a lemon dressing - it sounds lovely and refreshing. I was going to make it this weekend but now the weather forecast is for snow and wintry showers. With this in mind we have this morning bought leeks and intend to make hot, warming leek and potato soup instead. The spring salad will have to wait for a while.


This photo was added Sunday - it did snow! By the way, the leek and potato soup was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment