Thursday, February 14, 2008

February is.....

Daffodils in jugs around the house and making marmalade with Seville oranges



Making something heart shaped for Valentine's Day.



Finally being able to get out into the garden and starting to clear the winter debris.



Seeing the first stirrings of this year's rhubarb.



and deciding which seeds to use for the coming season.



Of course this year things are different as the house is being sold and we don't know if we will be here for spring and summer. So the tidying of the garden is not just for us but for prospective viewers and hopefully (fingers crossed!) buyers who, if we plant the seeds will benefit from the produce.

The weather has been so wonderful this week with days of bright, clear sunshine and evenings of sumptuous red and pink skies. We've been able to have a few ventures into the garden to start clearing up ready for Spring. On Tuesday we drove over to Nottingham to visit friends which was very pleasant and this morning we walked around Trentham Lake and sat at the lakeside cafe with warm cups of coffee - my fingers were freezing as today is considerably colder than the last few- and chatted to a lovely gentleman and his family mainly about photography and the difference between film and digital cameras. I think we all decided that digital was easier and more adaptable but that there was nothing to beat the mood and clarity of black and white photos.

I've been meaning for a while to write a post about one of my hobbies which I've suddenly realised has been affected by my possession and use of a digital camera so much that it is something that I don't do anymore. I'll expand on this in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. Rosie

    Let me guess. You're changing from a writer to a photo-essayist. Your pictures are a delight. Perhaps you could help sell the house by giving potential buyers a 'photo-essay' as a memento of their visit? Your words would almost certainly trump any estate agent blurb. This posting is a pleasure to read and a joy to see. Keep 'em coming!

    Love Robert :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie-

    I love the pictures! This is also one of my favorite times of the year. Spring is poking her head out a little over here in the Pacific Northwest as well. I hope you'll post some more pictures of your garden as you get it more and more cleared out!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete