As it is Friday again - they come around so quickly - I've found five yellow things from in and around the garden.
1. Buttercups spread across the lawn. They sparkled in the early morning sunshine.
2. Courgette flower in the green house. Courgettes and tomatoes always seem to do so well in there.
3. Dragonfly on a wild garlic leaf. Chaser or darter? Male or female? I've no idea but it was a beautiful creature.
4. Flag Iris in the pond, with alchemilla mollis or lady's mantle around the edge of the pond. The pond was so low after the last few dry days that we had to top it a little.
5. The yellow rose bush is always the first to flower. It was in the garden when we moved here. It used to be very close to the back gate but had to be moved because I kept catching clothing on it - especially soft summer skirts - as I went through. It has been at the top of the garden for over ten years now and appears to be just as happy there.