It's time for Five on Friday kindly organised, as always, by Amy at Love Made my Home.
Below are five things that have made me smile this week
1. Heart Shaped Biscuits made on Sunday (see my last post) ready for Tuesday. We still have a few left.
2. One sunny afternoon Mr Fox decided he was going to sit in our garden for a while. I saw him trotting over the lawn and thought he'd make off through the hedge but he plonked down and curled up. He stayed for about half an hour - such a joy to see. The photo was taken from our bedroom window through the glass with the camera on maximum zoom so I didn't have to stand too close to the window.
3. Earlier in the week we went over to Mansfield to visit some relatives and we ended up at Rufford Abbey for a walk along the paths from the Abbey to the Mill. The Abbey ruins were closed for renovation work but it was lovely to see the old building in the sunshine.
4. On a recent walk at Consall Nature Park we went on to the station platform where the Churnet Valley steam railway runs through from Froghall to Cheddleton. I was drawn to the old British Rail posters. They made me think of summer and holidays and travelling to different places.
5. A few of the things I spotted whilst on our walk at Consall, an old barn, stark winter trees, canal boats and moss and lichen on a gate post. As we walked we heard a woodpecker tip-tapping, a buzzard mewling, pheasants cackling and oddly, for midday, the hooting of an owl. There were robins, dunnocks and chaffinches flitting between hedges and singing as we walked along.
Click on the link below to find others who are joining in with Five on Friday this week.