It's Friday so once again I'm joining in with Amy at Love Made my Home for this week's Five on Friday.
Five things that have made me smile this week
1. Visitors to the Garden - Squirrels and theirs kits have been visiting the garden to pinch the bird food and brother fox visited early on Tuesday morning in the brilliant sunshine. Normally foxes dash through the garden late evening but this one sat for a while and then decided to pinch the birds' buggy nibbles.
2. Lazy Cats in the Sunshine - I once saw a cartoon that depicted a cat fast asleep near a food bowl and the caption was 'Happiness is twenty three hours sleep a day and plenty of "Fato Cato",' I think Chloe has taken this to heart this week. We had visitors here for lunch and most of the afternoon on Wednesday and she never even knew they were here. Slept through it all. The privileges of being a twenty year old I expect.
3. More baby ducklings - sorry I know I wrote about baby ducks and water birds for my last Five on Friday post but I couldn't resist these gorgeous ducks in the courtyard garden at the Emma Bridgewater factory up in the city centre. They are Appleyard Crested Ducklings.
4. Oasis in the City - the Bridgewater factory, shops and cafe are on a main road up towards the city centre but the little garden there is a peaceful oasis. You'd never know the main road was just over the wall. The flowers in the garden were delightful. All the colours and shapes I love.
5. Little things that catch the eye - back to Hardwick Hall and I know I still have a post to write about the new Hall having written about the old hall in my last post but I thought I would feature a few things that made me smile in the gardens and shop. Lilac and laburnum trees and grasses in the herb garden plus a seahorse plate and little mice in the shop.
Click on the link below to find other bloggers who are joining in with
Have a lovely weekend everyone.