Five things that have kept me smiling this week
1. Home made bread - Paul makes all our bread, this was quite a large batch most of which has been frozen for future use. We ate one of the white batons with some home made ratatouille followed by.........
2. Home grown strawberries - they took ages to get going this year but now we have loads. I feel a summer pudding might be made soon.
3. Peak Wildlife Park - we visited a local wildlife park on Monday, it rained quite a bit but it was very interesting to see the animals and birds up close. I fed and stroked a wallaby and had lemurs running around my feet.
4. From the garden - the Pinks are in flower and I cut them for the house - this seems to encourage more growth too and they always look so pretty.
5. In the garden - we have had a few times when we could sit out in the garden this week even though it has been quite windy - we had to take the gazebo down as it was in danger of blowing away. In the photos some of the flowers blooming at the moment. White Cosmos, red poppies, sweet peas, the verbena bonariensis we grew from seed and two types of hypericum Rose of Sharon and a hybrid which self seeded a few years ago and will take over the garden if we let it. I think it is similar to St John's Wort. Cats, of course, love the garden at this time of year, especially if they can pinch our chairs.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.