My last two weeks of '52 Weeks of Happy' are together in one post as I ran out of time to do week 51 separately. Here are some of the festive images that have made me smile over the last couple of weeks
1. Window Shopping - at Bridgemere Garden World, their festive displays were lovely, and having done all our shopping it was nice just to wander and look.
2. Little Moreton Hall - we had a great time as always listening to Piva and wandering around the decorated hall (see my post of 22nd December for more photos)
3 and 4 Just the little things - a reindeer at our local garden centre which we visited with my brother-in-law and nephew when they came to visit the Saturday before Christmas, the thrush visiting our garden every morning again, Christmas cake iced and ready, the colour of clementines - so festive, opening the doors on the advent calendar and Christmas morning breakfast for us and the cats. Which brings me to.......
1. Christmas Day at Home - safe, warm, good food, lovely cards and presents. I treasure being at home on Christmas Day.
3. Joy - two magpies = 'two for joy' according to the old saying and we had a joyful time visiting friends in South Lincolnshire on Friday and Saturday. The only thing that caused any problems was the road closure at Kegworth due to a water main bursting so we had to hit the M1 and take the Loughborough ring road to get back on the route we always take via Melton Mowbray. It was lovely to meet up with old friends and talk and catch up over a very leisurely lunch and afternoon.
4. Friendliness - on our way back from Lincolnshire we stopped to take some photos of churches in a few Nottinghamshire villages, I think I told you in a previous post that Paul is taking photos of the churches with connections to his family name for his one-name study site? Well, one of those villages was Epperstone in Nottinghamshire. It was our first stop of the morning and the village was very pretty but what struck me most was how busy it was people walking, cycling and chatting on corners. We were greeted by the postman with a jolly 'good morning' and every one we passed smiled and greeted us in the same way. What a friendly village it seemed to be!
Well, that's it for '52 weeks of Happy' - I think I missed a couple of weeks when we were on holiday in the summer but I've done most of them and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. I hope you've enjoyed some of my 'happies' too.
Welcome to my new followers and thank you to all of you, friends old and new, for being with me throughout the last year. Wishing you all a happy, peaceful and joyous New Year.
For the last time linking up with Little Birdie where '52 weeks of Happy' started. Each week you find just four things that have made you happy to share.
'A multitude of small delights constitute happiness'